Help me choose a SSD

odeezy2ez

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
i'm looking for a fast reliable sata 3 SSD. i'm hoping to find one that has great performance on both sata2 and sata 3 systems as this one will be install on a sata2 board as boot drive.

i'm more comfortable with the name brand companies (i've had more better lucky with parts) like.. samsung, intel,sandisk (corsair,crucial,ocz i'm not to famaliar with)

sinse it's only for booting the OS i'm only looking for 120GB storage and a price range around $100 but max 150.

any suggestions are appreciated thanks

odeezy2ez

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

How would you compare the samsung to the ocz vertex 4 120gb SSD, the intel or sandisk models, or any of the other brands mentioned?

mhd_1

Honorable
May 5, 2012
If you consider yourself a mainstream computer user, I would suggest you pick mainstream/value SSD. Check out this helpful link with which you can decide which SSD you really need: http://www.sata3ssd.com/the-best-value-ssds-for-mainstream-computer-users/

odeezy2ez

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

If those are the mainstream options then i would assume i'm not. the only SSD i considered out of that selection was the Intel 330.

There will be audio recording software and hardware as well as gaming and video editing software on the pc (all on win 8). I'm looking for the best at a resonable price i guess you can say.