[New Build] $1000 Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver Machine

Hi Everyone,

Been trying to do some research on this and I've come to the conclusion..it's been a long time since I handrolled a PC. I tried to find other members asking for a similar build, found one so I copied his basic requirements, added some of my own...

Approximate Purchase Date: November-December (wait for Black Friday prices?)
Budget Range: $1,000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator (alot of running several meaty programs at the same time)
Parts Not Required: monitor
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg has always been cool. Not important as long as they aren't overseas and don't operate from the back of a pickup truck.
Parts Preferences: by brand or type (Intel processor. Not overclocked)
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Monitor Resolution: Don't need a monitor right now.
Additional Comments: Must render screen graphics (photoshop artwork, multiple layers) fast. Must be able to display large photoshop files easily.

Here are a few more details....

- not a gamer.
- alot of web browsing while working (usually have 10-15 tabs open).
- work on photoshop CS4 and illustrator CS4 daily usually with email open.
- mult-apps open at same time, i.e. photoshop, browser, excel, itune, dreamweaver, ws-ftp, email..
- needs to be quiet.
- would like two drives. A master for the OS and a slave to back up to..both same manufacturer/size/model
- don't want to worry about heat. My current system runs hot and its getting very unstable. Don't want to overclock. Don't want liquid cooling..water parked 2 inches above a project that took me 10 hours to create makes me anxious.
- don't need a robust sound card. Actually could get by with probably what is on motherboard.

Need fast, silent, and capable of multi-tasking.

Questions:
- I primarily want processing power, data pumping speed, and stability. Speed to push large amounts of photoshop data, processing power for graphics work and stability because I don't want to worry about heat and, well, stability.
- maybe dual CPUs? any advantage there?
- while I don't have an additional monitor now, I would like the capability to use two monitors in high-resolution.

I would really like to keep the limit at $1K. I figure I can use my crap monitor now until it croaks (it's just a matter of time).

Thanks for your help. It's been awhile since I bought a PC. This will be my christmas present..so Ho Ho Ho
3 answers Last reply
More about build 1000 photoshop illustrator dreamweaver machine
  1. What computer are you using now? How big of files do you work with in photoshop?
  2. Right now I'm running Windows XP Home on a Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, with 1 Gb RAM. Like I said, it's been awhile since I've upgraded. A few of my photoshop projects are larger than others..at the larger size, 2.5 GB, at the smaller end only a few MB apiece. My storage are two Western Digital 160 GB drives, with a DVD writer and CD Writer.
  3. OK, well thanks for the help! Here's what I wound up with:

Thanks again!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Photoshop Illustrator Dreamweaver Systems