CAN I RUN DDR3 1333 RAM WITH INTEL E5500 ON MY GA-G41MT-S2P?

Solution

This is to test if you have a 'RAM' problem <or> 'DIMM Slot' problem. IF it fails both ways then RAM problem, and if it works in the other DIMM slot then DIMM slot problem. In either case run Memtest as I described.
Yep if you OC.

GA-G41MT-S2P (rev. 1.3) - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3743#sp

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)1066/800 MHz memory modules

pratik2011

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
then can u tell me why my new board is not running only cpu fan running and its just restarting after 1 min.but no display or anything
and sometime it work ..and i can use it for anything good ,but when again i m shut down it and same problem again. no run after 1min its restart..

The operative word above is to 'OC' for DDR3-1333 support. If you're not OC then the RAM should be running at DDR3-1066. Further, if you're mixing RAM that wasn't part of a 'Matched Set' then that too can cause problems or you simply have bad stick(s).

Q - What RAM; please provide a link.

If (1) stick then use DDR3_1 DIMM slot which is closet to the CPU.

Hmm...did you look at the Feedback?! Especially from 'Verified Owner(s)'.

If you have (2) NON-MATCHED Sticks then what happens if you boot with (1) test with Memtest 2~4 passes --> Swap sticks --> boot with (1) test with Memtest 2~4 passes.

If one stick passes and one fails then you've got a bad stick(s).

Memtest, create a bootable CD/DVD using the ISO/zip file -> http://www.memtest.org/

pratik2011

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
somebody help me plz....................... my new board and i can't do anything.and already my 2 days new board gigabyte replace me and replace one is also with same kind of prob.... and now this is a replace board still same prob.....

pratik2011

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

but i have only one stick....

Then chance are it, meaning the RAM, is bad. I AM helping you...!

Help - Test as I said or simple RMA {refund} the RAM and IMO for something else. See -> http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=GA-G41MT-S2P&Cat=RAM

Comments & Feedback:
"bad stick - caused constant blue screens while trying to install windows on a new build.
Defective. Pretty much came DOA.
50% chance you will get a stick that works
checked the mem with the mobo manufacturer's website for compatibility, checks out fine. get the mem try it in the mobo, no dice
Bad Memory - My RAM continues to cause nonpage area errors. I will have to return it, if NewEgg lets me. I bought it in January, and it has been screwing up since that time after a few hours of use each time. I just haven't had the time to install a CD drive for diagnostics yet. Ugh"

I've seen RAM and pretty much any component you could list go 'poof' in 0~30 days. This is not unheard of and you clearly just got some bad luck. There seems to be a bad batch of those sticks so maybe Corsair directly can send you a new/replacement.

Try posting in Corsair's Forum -> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/index.php I'm pretty certain they'll tell you the same: Test the DIMM slots and Test with Memtest -- if either fails then RMA the RAM. Especially since it worked -- it seems clear the stick = bad :(

Good Luck! :)

pratik2011

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
an other thing when i conn. the case speaker that beeping for 6 times and then restart,and when i try to run with out any ram there is no beep sound........ and also when i put the ram in 2nd ram slot ...wht is the reason ?

This is to test if you have a 'RAM' problem <or> 'DIMM Slot' problem. IF it fails both ways then RAM problem, and if it works in the other DIMM slot then DIMM slot problem. In either case run Memtest as I described.

Solution

pratik2011

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
jaquith u are right,ok i find the reason with the help of gigabyte service people in my area ... its actually my ram prob its corsair new ram and its the main reason, i m send it for rma.............same model other ram will work fine but not mine...