Sign in with
Your question
Solved

POST Freeze On Gigabyte

Last response: in Motherboards
September 20, 2011 7:02:36 PM

Ok, so I'm new to the overclocking/core unlocking thing, and I've found myself in dire straights: as a short pre-amble; I recently bought myself a phenom ii 555 black edition cpu and a gigabyte 880gm-ud2h motherboard, alongside 8gb of ram, but I'd imagine that's less relevant, anyhow

I had a fully functioning system with stock CMOS settings, bios revision F8 for that board, but I was aware that I had the potential of unlocking a further two cores on my CPU through the CMOS, and having read various forum posts on the matter, I followed the concensus.

All I did was change 'EC Fimware' from 'normal' to 'hybrid' , and set acc to 'auto.' Upon saving changes, the expected 'updating ec firmware don't turn off the power' flashed up, before the computer powered down (fully) and then powered up again. As of this point, my pc will not clear the POST check, freezing moments after establishing a screen display; although it does recognise the CPU now as an x4 B55, it will not allow me to so much as enter the bios to reverse the change;

Being somewhat inexperienced in all this, am I missing anything obvious? Will clearing the CMOS reverse the changes that I have made? Or, more worryingly will I need to invest in a new motherboard and/or CPU?

Many thanks for any assistance/advice
Alex

More about : post freeze gigabyte

Best solution

a c 121 V Motherboard
September 20, 2011 8:36:18 PM

All it means is that your computer will not POST with the current settings, go ahead and clear the CMOS and you should be able to boot up without a problem.

Good luck!
September 21, 2011 3:00:22 PM

itzdanielp said:
All it means is that your computer will not POST with the current settings, go ahead and clear the CMOS and you should be able to boot up without a problem.

Good luck!

Thanks itzdanielp, worked a charm :) 
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2011 3:00:30 PM

Best answer selected by Seraph010.
m
l
a c 121 V Motherboard
September 21, 2011 3:01:09 PM

perfect! :)