Help with this build please. Water cooling advice.

omneh

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hi there, I'm building a new rig and I have decided to take the venture into water cooling. I have many rigs in the past but the water cooling concept is quite new to me. So i guess I'll post my build then as questions at the end:

Case - Corsair Obsidian 800d

PSU - Corsair HX1000 MPSU

Motherboard - ASUS P55 Deluxe

CPU - Intel CPU i7 870S

GPU - ATI 5850 Toxic (x2)

RAM - Corsair 8GB Dominator GT RAM

HDD - 1.5TB HDD (x2)

SSD - 120GB SSD

Ok there's my build. The total cost is £2,683.76 (not included Monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS or controllers) I have factored in £350 for my water cooling but I guess I could spend more if I had to.

For the CPU I'm going to use the H70 Closed Loop System

For the GPU's I'm looking at these plates

For the HDD I'm Looking at this plate

Ok now to the questions.
What I'm unsure of, I know the GPU plates are correct, but, is it worth me water cooling the HDD?

If I am installing my own water cooling system anyway, is it better to stick with the H70 or have the CPU on the main loop?

What size radiator will I need. If am only cooling my GPU and HDD do I only need a 120mm or should I go for 240mm?
If I factor in the CPU into the main loop will I need a 360mm, or should I keep the CPU on the H70 system?

What size pipe do I need and what's the best pump?

Do you know anywhere that does good; quality cheap water cooling?

Sorry about the mountain of information and questions I just thought I'd be easier if you had the whole picture.

Thanks in advanced for any responses

reaper2794

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010

You dont need a 1000 PSU if Im not mistaken, and I dunno what the plates are for but uh.. sure :p