Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes after some time when playing games

February 4, 2013 6:00:34 AM

Hi,

So, I consider myself an avid gamer, however in last few months (actually I think its been over a year by now) games have started freezing on me, where the only solution is to manually restart my pc.

This does not happen with all games, it seems to happen only with computationally heavy games and the time before freezing seems to depend on the game as well (eg it usually takes Skyrim about 15 minutes, yet I can play far cry 3 for over an hour).

Now, ever since this has been happening I have been swapping out hardware components of my pc to try and identify why this is happening, I started off by swaping my gforce 8800Gt for another of the same model, then the ram, then I swapped the primary HDD for a new one (It had a lot of bad sectors and it was still under warranty so I swapped it out for one exactly like it ), this seemed to have stopped the issue for a few weeks but then it started again.

At this point I assumed the issue was either the motherboard or the cpu, however I just upgraded to a new motherboard, cpu and ram and this issue is still happening!

From all the above I am now assuming the issue has to be the HDD.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I could do to solve it?

Thanks

Ps my apologies if I put this in the wrong forum/category, I was not sure where to put it.
!