Can't power on

crb_75

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hello,

I hooked up the following specs last night, and the power button did nothing. Am I underpowered in the PSU, or am I wired wrong on the motherboard?

PSU: ANTEC| EA-380D GREEN RT
CPU: AMD|ATH II X2 260 3.2G AM3 RT
MOBO: ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
MEM: 2Gx2|MUSHKIN 996586 R
CASE: HTPC CASE NMEDIAPCHTPC 8000 RT
HDD: Details are fuzzy, I know one's a 7200 200GB WD, the other is a 5400 1.5TB WD Caviar Green (it's not in front of me at the moment)
DVD: Um, the Litescribe I snagged from the a1410n, it's a placeholder while I rebuild finances to go for a Blu-Ray.

380W should be able to run a whole system like his just fine if he has a good quality PSU, and 380W is not really low as he doesn't have a built-out GPU

crb_75

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. I've got everything up and running, had some problems with the onboard GPU until I updated the driver (makes a world of difference!), so I'm returning the Radeon I picked up in a panic. I plan on doing the math on my power supply this weekend to find out how much wiggle room I have as I plan out the next round of upgrades - I'm looking at adding 2 3TB drives and replacing my antique optical drive with a Blu Ray. I ended up having to swap out my OS drive (I use separate physical drives for OS and data) for a different, older SATA I had and I'm able to hear this one much more than I expected, so I'm hoping for an SSD in the near future.

As a whole, the system tops out at 5.6 on the WEI, and with an upgrade in the hard drive and a separate GPu I could bring that to 6.5 very quickly. Whisper quiet and the wood case looks great in the living room. Except for the freakout over hooking up the motherboard for the first time, I would say this was a very successful project.