Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 Deluxe Boot Sound

Last response: in Motherboards
September 21, 2011 12:15:54 AM

Hey,

So the "problem" I am having right now is, every time I start my computer up, after it posts, I heard the same sound: it sounds like a screw got caught in a fan (or something like a loose screw being shaked once), it only lasts for a second and goes away. The funny part is, the sound happens at the same time everytime I turn on the computer. I am just wondering if this is just how the motherboard works, and if its a click from anything on board. I am more worried about this screwing up my rig in the long run, but my computer has been stable (given I reformatted it). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
September 21, 2011 12:25:27 AM

It might just be the CPU fan starting up causing that noise. I had that problem before and it turned out the CPU fan was a little loose, so it would wobble for a couple seconds after booting and then would stabilize itself.
m
l
September 21, 2011 4:01:48 AM

hm I will try that, since I am using a H60 water cooler it might just be that, I'll try to unplug the radiator fan and just listen to the cooler itself and see if I hear it, not too bad though since i'm returning it for a 212, too much noise from the pump =[
m
l
!