Sign in with
Your question

How to Backup Hard drive?

Last response: in Storage
February 4, 2013 7:42:26 AM

Recently my friend gave me a hard drive and I plan on reformatting it so I can use it as a backup. How would I turn this hard drive into a backup for my existing drive? Is there some sort of software? Do I just copy the files over every now and then? Do I put the drives into raid 1?

More about : backup hard drive

a c 813 G Storage
February 5, 2013 12:41:19 AM

the easiest way is to connect the drive and run windows backup when you want.
Other software solutions exist which offer more robust features such as file selection criteria, automated backups, live backups...
Raid 1 is not a backup; accidentally delete a file from one drive and its gone from the other as well.
a b G Storage
February 5, 2013 7:28:51 AM

Raxbar said:
Recently my friend gave me a hard drive and I plan on reformatting it so I can use it as a backup. How would I turn this hard drive into a backup for my existing drive? Is there some sort of software? Do I just copy the files over every now and then? Do I put the drives into raid 1?

Backup hard disk? As I know the Windows 7 snap-in tool could help you do this, btw , other free third-party backup software could also help you do this, here I find a video tutorail hope it could help,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2t1MTHugU
!