Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FT03 On Newegg!

Last response: in Components
Share
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 11:15:46 PM

The Trash Bin has landed!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Looks bad to me, would never buy it. Silverstone needs to come back down to reality IMO, they are TOO different at this point. Opinions?

More about : ft03 newegg

a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 11:19:32 PM

Opinion? Awesome HTPC case, perhaps the best. Will have to wait for reviews.

I have no problem with Silverstone diversifying. The FT02 isn't lacking in features at the moment, so I have no problem with them delaying its replacement to diversify. It also saves me money. :D 

The silver looks a lot better to me, but then again, I love silver cases.

Nice catch Ares. Thanks.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 11:31:32 PM

AMW1011 said:
Opinion? Awesome HTPC case, perhaps the best. Will have to wait for reviews.

I have no problem with Silverstone diversifying. The FT02 isn't lacking in features at the moment, so I have no problem with them delaying its replacement to diversify. It also saves me money. :D 

The silver looks a lot better to me, but then again, I love silver cases.

Nice catch Ares. Thanks.


Very true, for HTPC, this beats all others. However, im enthusiast, so naturally, i wouldnt receive this very well! :lol:  But i mean, NONE of their cases are normal anymore. They all have some wierd feature, as in 90 degree mounting, or this very wierd shape. Id like to see just 1 conventional Silverstone case. I dont mind them having their special features, but id like them to conform to some standards. But maybe thats just me.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 11:36:47 PM

ares1214 said:
Very true, for HTPC, this beats all others. However, im enthusiast, so naturally, i wouldnt receive this very well! :lol:  But i mean, NONE of their cases are normal anymore. They all have some wierd feature, as in 90 degree mounting, or this very wierd shape. Id like to see just 1 conventional Silverstone case. I dont mind them having their special features, but id like them to conform to some standards. But maybe thats just me.


Well lets put it this way Ares, I will never buy a computer case without the 90 degree motherboard mounting, and the the insane cooling that comes with their new cases. I was a skeptic too, but after a lot of research, it turns out that you can't match the cooling potential of these cases (RV02/03, FT02, TJ11). They are also crafted beautifully.

As for standard layouts, that's what you have Lian Li for. As much as I love my FT02, it can't compare to a Lian Li in quality or construction, though it does have a definite cooling edge. :D 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 12:31:11 AM

AMW1011 said:
Well lets put it this way Ares, I will never buy a computer case without the 90 degree motherboard mounting, and the the insane cooling that comes with their new cases. I was a skeptic too, but after a lot of research, it turns out that you can't match the cooling potential of these cases (RV02/03, FT02, TJ11). They are also crafted beautifully.

As for standard layouts, that's what you have Lian Li for. As much as I love my FT02, it can't compare to a Lian Li in quality or construction, though it does have a definite cooling edge. :D 


Dont get me wrong, by all means, keep the FT02, id want one, i say its their best case, perhaps best case you can buy. But i still think they are ahead of the times. When people are ready for 90 degree cases, then by all means, make 90 degree cases, the concept is sound, but i still think they need a line of conventional cases to give a sturdy backbone to these concept cases.
m
0
l
January 21, 2011 12:35:16 AM

i'd keep getting it mixed up with the bin under my desk i think :p  just throwing trash at it because i got mixed up
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 12:54:47 AM

Quote:
OMG it is a trash bin


What better to hide your pron in?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 1:00:04 AM

Quote:
OMG it is a trash bin


Exactly what i say. It very well likely is the new best HTPC case, but they are really making it look like a trash bin. I might go into case modding now, just put a pedal on the bottom, and make the top come off, and you have a trash bin case mod! :lol: 
m
0
l
January 21, 2011 1:17:40 AM

ares1214 said:
Exactly what i say. It very well likely is the new best HTPC case, but they are really making it look like a trash bin. I might go into case modding now, just put a pedal on the bottom, and make the top come off, and you have a trash bin case mod! :lol: 


do it to the side that's meant to open and call it a quick release method ;) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 4:18:32 AM

I think I'll wait for the next revision of the case. Hopefully Silverstone will add a bi-directional shredder.

Meanwhile, I'll stick with my SilverStone Crown CW02-BK.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 11:25:21 AM

jaguarskx said:
I think I'll wait for the next revision of the case. Hopefully Silverstone will add a bi-directional shredder.

Meanwhile, I'll stick with my SilverStone Crown CW02-BK.


Agreed. In fact, all of their new cases look, well not my cup of tea. Any shots of the RV03 portray it as getting, smaller, weirder, and uglier. And the TJ11 looks like one of the best cases ever, but even they said expect astronomical pricing since it should last you a very long time, so im guessing $599...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 6:12:31 PM

ares1214 said:
Agreed. In fact, all of their new cases look, well not my cup of tea. Any shots of the RV03 portray it as getting, smaller, weirder, and uglier. And the TJ11 looks like one of the best cases ever, but even they said expect astronomical pricing since it should last you a very long time, so im guessing $599...


Pricing isn't final. There was some talk recently that Silverstone realized it wouldn't sell at those prices, imagine that.

But really a TJ07 replacement?

This:


Is supposed to replace this?:


Why did they have to make the TJ11 look like the bastard child of a TJ07 and RV01?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2011 6:18:49 PM

It looks retarded... can I say that? I love and own Silverstone but this is just a lifeless creation. :heink: 
m
0
l
!