Corsair AX1200W + ASUS P6X58D-E = Cable/Compatibility issue

m9a2

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hi!

Now I'm only days from receiving my first hardware set-up for my very first computer build, but now only days from my actual building session I'm having a hard time on figuring out how to connect the ''CPU-power connector/-s'' into the right ''8-pin slot''!?

My question is simple:

:heink: - In which ''8-pin'' slot on the power supply itself should I plug in my ''CPU-power connector''? [Picture below]:
http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2010/06/22071102313l.jpg

:heink: - And also if the CORSAIR AX1200W supports the ASUS P6X58D-E X58 motherboard, do to all of the different ATX standards that are currently available?!

I would really appreciate if you could help me out regarding this two issues.

Best regards :hello:
M9A2

m9a2

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

Hi!

No, I was thinking of where to plug it in into the power supply itself?!
There are 8 available 8-pin slots available on the power supply, as my picture clearly shows.

The question was that I wanted to know in which of those 8 8-pin power connectors I should plug my
''CPU-power connector'' into?!

Do you/ or anybody have any idea?

M9A2

mf2780

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Plug it in according to best cable managment. Any of the 8 should work fine. If you want to verify 100% call the PSU tech support. Be a quick answer.

m9a2

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

Is that so, wow.. if that's true then there's no problem at all.

I still hope someone with the actual CORSAIR AX1200W can confirm this,
since there are no online manuals available at Corsair, neither an actual ''how to'' plug it in.

M9A2 :hello:

siigari

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
On my 750TX corsair PSU I had to cut the cable manager to spread the 4-pin across the mobo. Very silly in my opinion.

DSCF2043.JPG

They are all the same, so you can plug it into any one of the four. They key the pins so that you cant put the wrong one in the wrong slot, but it looks like all four match which make sense since both PCI-E and CPU power connectors are just a few 12V lines and a few grounds

m9a2

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

He did show where I should put them, still he didn't point out exactly where to plug them in.

You said that I could plug them into ''any one of the four''; I then actually noticed that if you would turn the remaining 4 ''8-pin slots'' upside down you could actually fit the very same cable into them as well.

Now if that's the case, then I should be able to plug the ''CPU-power connector'' into any of those 8x ''8-pins slots''; right?

Great response from everyone, still I feel that it's my duty to contact Corsair myself, if no one knows for sure!?

M9A2 :hello:

m9a2

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

Thank you for your reply!

When you bought your AX1200W, did it came with a manual on ''how to connect'' things? (Since there are no online ones).

jasonp12

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
they might tell you how to properly spread the cables out for proper cable management and how to properly not draw to many power from certain parts of the PSU should be in your PSU manual

I dont have one, wish i did, but cannot justify the expense of upgrading my PSU for no reason.

Since its a single rail unit you dont need to worry about spreading the load, it all comes from a single source so you dont need to worry about drawing too much from one rail and causing it to shut down. Since they didnt mark things for specific cables if it fits, they set up the wiring on the cable right so that it will work properly.