HIDDEN RECOVERY PARTITION

BINBELLO

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,
I JUST TURNED ON MY HP 650 NOW AND FOUND OUT THAT THE RECOVERY (D:) PARTITION IS MISSING WHEN I GO TO START>MY COMPUTER. BUT WHEN I LOOKED INTO THE DISK MANAGEMENT SECTION, THAT IS THROUGH START>RIGHT-CLICK MY COMPUTER>MANAGE>DISK MANAGEMENT, I FIND THAT THE PARTITION IS STILL THERE WITH THE EXACT SIZE BUT NOT ALLOCATED ANY LETTER, PLEASE WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT MADE A BACKUP OF THIS RECOVERY PARTITION. THANK YOU!!!

It is quite normal for the factory recovery partition to be hidden and to have no drive letter assigned to it, so it's only visible in Disk Management. You don't need to do anything about it because nothing is wrong.

The intention is to stop anyone interfering with it or delete any files from it.

If you make an entire hard drive backup with disk-imaging software, the software will show you all the partitions on the drive, including the hidden recovery partition, and you will be able to include it in the backup.

Free disk-imaging software: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging-program.htm