Selling my homebuilty PC

jukedyoass

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Hi all, I'm just wondering how much I can sell my PC for... I'm looking to just get a laptop, since that will suit my needs for school a lot better. Here are the components:

AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core, 2.61 GHz
Asus M3A78-T Mobo
8 GB of G.SKILL DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) (4 x 2GB)
Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 250GB SATA HDD (main drive)
Seagate 7200 RPM 640GB SATA HDD
22" Asus VW222U Monitor
LG Black 22X DVD+R 16X DVD+R DL w/ Lightscribe
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD3450 512MB 64-Bit

All of that in an Antec 900 case
powered by a Corsair TX 750W power supply

I spent about $1150 total when I built it. It's running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and has a mishmash of good software on it. (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 2007 Suite, CamTasia, Ableton Live 7.0)

Any thoughts on how much it's worth now? I built it exactly 2 years ago.

Solution
Well it really depends on the area. Like see if you have any local stores that are really cheap or good, like Fry's or Microcenter, 900$ will be too much. I don't think anyone can bite. Now if there isn't 800-900$ will be a good thing, since at least one person will bite I'd expect. Did this help you find you price?
Craigslist is your friend sir. And... From the looks of the VGA card, don't expect gamers to buy it, expecially since you got such a bad card running on a 1680x1050 (high resolution). I mean everything else is alright now. Still, I wouldn't buy. But try craigslist.

jukedyoass

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
yeah... it IS a pretty crappy card, but I didn't build it with gaming in mind :T it was more for music editing and the like, and it does that perfectly... I'm assuming anyone who buys this PC knows what they're doing and will probably upgrade the graphics card asap, but the rest of the PC is fine... I want to put it on craigslist, but I don't know how much to price it at...

Well it really depends on the area. Like see if you have any local stores that are really cheap or good, like Fry's or Microcenter, 900$ will be too much. I don't think anyone can bite. Now if there isn't 800-900$ will be a good thing, since at least one person will bite I'd expect. Did this help you find you price?

Solution

jukedyoass

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
yeah, it did... we really don't have anything like that (that I know of) in the Baltimore area... there used to be a CompUsa and Circuit City but both of them closed down and we have Best Buy and somesuch around here now... as far as I know, nothing like Fry's or Microcenter... I'm going to put it up for $900 negotiable.

Thanks again for your input