Sign in with
Your question

Rig compatibility Help

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2010 12:40:19 AM

So my last rig .... fried ..... and i am going to make a new one except now DDR3.
I wanted to ask you guys if these parts will like each other or kill each other. thanks.

MOBO

CPU

GPU
(The GT 430 is going to be used as a physx only card)

WIFI Card

Power Supply

Memory

Case

Hard Drive
(I am going to use this one as a backup and i will post the other HDD I already have when i find the serial code)

Optical Drive

Misc.
CPU Fan:
USB 3.0 Ports:

I see no problem with this rig but i just wanted to be sure.
and please go easy on me this is only my second rig.

Thanks,
Infectedbrain

P.S. This is a re-post because my last thread title was incorrect.

I plan to overclock just a little when i learn how.

More about : rig compatibility

October 27, 2010 12:52:07 AM

What about uses for this build? Not sure why you'd go with the rather expensive hexacore when for most apps a $140 X4 955 would do almost as good.

Doesn't look bad, should be a fast and fun machine.
m
l
October 27, 2010 12:58:42 AM

I went for the hex core so later when the tech advances i could still have i fighting chance before all of this stuff bites the dust. Plus hexcore give me BIIIG bragging rights.

But the main thing i want to know is al of these parts will work together right?
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2010 1:11:49 AM

I went for the hex core so later when the tech advances i could still have i fighting chance before all of this stuff bites the dust. Plus hexcore give me BIIIG bragging rights.

But the main thing i want to know is al of these parts will work together right?
m
l
October 27, 2010 1:37:21 AM

Did you read the latest "best CPU's..." article?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overcloc...

Most apps, including games, do not use more than 3 cores currently. In the case of the 1090T vs the AMD quad cores, tests show that the quad cores are actually slightly better for gaming.
The only advantages shown by the hexacores are in highly threaded apps such as photo/video editing. This is why I was asking about how you will use the machine.

I don't see any quad cores "biting the dust" anytime soon. I am running a two year old AM2+ X4 940 overclocked to 3.6 Ghz and I can run any software I want. The point is, if you really want the 1090T I say go for it. Just be sure what exactly you're bragging about. You can get similar performance for less though.
m
l
October 27, 2010 4:19:09 AM

Please fix your URLs...
m
l
October 27, 2010 2:29:16 PM

Sorry about the URLs i am not sure how to fix them.

I might also be doinng some HD video editing and well yeah thats what made my last rig fail.
m
l
!