Sign in with
Your question

ATI GPU noice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2010 5:09:55 PM

Hey, I have a XFX radeon 5870 graphics card, but it seems to run at 55% fanspeed all the time, therefore making it very noicy. It lies at around 35*c when I'm not doing anything special (surfing the net) and 52*c when playing wow (havent checked with crysis or mafia 2 yet. So, I wonder if there is any way to make it less noicy when it's not needed. I know I can manually tune the fan, but I get a message that damage caused by overclocking sofware is not covered by this and that. HELP D:

(damn, now I even managed to unlock the overclock feature, is the warranty lost now :S ? )

More about : ati gpu noice

a c 189 U Graphics card
September 7, 2010 5:30:34 PM

NO, you will not lost the warranty, you just unlock the OC feature, don't worry about that.
52'C when playing is VERY COOL, so you can manually adjust it, let's say 35%, see what temps do you get...
HD5870 can stand up to 100'C, so your card is far from HOT. :) 
September 7, 2010 6:19:10 PM

I'm saying the same as wa1.. just look at the temps i think you could get the fanspeed all the way down to 30-25% if your just surfing and not playing, you could try "RivaTuner".
I had a XFX 8800GT XXX edition and that GPU had the fanspeeed locked at 100% and was looud as *** and i could not turn it down it was so anoying when you just surfed..
!