Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Toshiba 750GB External Hard disk showing only 32GB now.

Last response: in Storage
Share
February 5, 2013 2:52:52 AM

Hello,

I have purchased recently Toshiba External Hard disk of 750GB capacity along with the New Toshiba Laptop. I have copied some data files and songs and movies, etc... in the external hard disk.
I tried to make recover data of my laptop, so I used this 750GB hard disk. Once I started to use this for recovery all the data in the Hard disk has been removed and now it is showing only 32GB capacity overall not 750GB..

How can I recover this external hard disk for 750GB again???????

Please help me with some solution or send me some link so that I can use it to recover my 750GB hard disk capacity back.
a b D Laptop
a c 288 G Storage
February 5, 2013 9:23:31 PM

Did you use Windows to reformat your drive as FAT32?
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 6:17:32 AM

I have the same problem and yes, I used Windows to reformat my hdd as FAT. It was 1TB, now it shows just 32GB. How can I repair this? :) 
Thanks in advance!
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 288 G Storage
February 16, 2013 3:34:01 PM

Go to Disk Management, delete the partition and recreate it as NTFS.

Alternatively, delete the partition and then use a third party tool to repartition and reformat as FAT32.
m
0
l
April 7, 2013 2:45:19 AM

even i have the same problem
can any 1 help me!

:??: 
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 12:12:58 PM

The issue with my hard drive was the computer created a partition on it somehow... still not sure how it did it.

This may also work if your hard drive doesn't even show up in the My Computer window

You have to delete any partition on the disk already through Computer Management -> Disk Managament

Then right-click on the external hard drive's unnallocated area and click the create button

Follow the Wizard program to format the drive to the new (corrected) size.
m
0
l
January 17, 2014 3:17:10 AM

Alex Foster said:
The issue with my hard drive was the computer created a partition on it somehow... still not sure how it did it.

This may also work if your hard drive doesn't even show up in the My Computer window

You have to delete any partition on the disk already through Computer Management -> Disk Managament

Then right-click on the external hard drive's unnallocated area and click the create button

Follow the Wizard program to format the drive to the new (corrected) size.


m
0
l
January 17, 2014 3:17:45 AM

@ALEX FOSTER This worked for me thanks
m
0
l
July 8, 2014 6:32:19 AM

Hi I have the same ptoblem now I need to know how to format my external hard drive and not to lose all the files I have?
thanks
refet.
nagabathula1984 said:
Hello,

I have purchased recently Toshiba External Hard disk of 750GB capacity along with the New Toshiba Laptop. I have copied some data files and songs and movies, etc... in the external hard disk.
I tried to make recover data of my laptop, so I used this 750GB hard disk. Once I started to use this for recovery all the data in the Hard disk has been removed and now it is showing only 32GB capacity overall not 750GB..

How can I recover this external hard disk for 750GB again???????

Please help me with some solution or send me some link so that I can use it to recover my 750GB hard disk capacity back.


m
0
l
July 8, 2014 6:38:25 AM

fzabkar said:
Go to Disk Management, delete the partition and recreate it as NTFS.

Alternatively, delete the partition and then use a third party tool to repartition and reformat as FAT32.


Do I loose all the files I have in there?

m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 288 G Storage
July 8, 2014 4:27:10 PM

Formatting and partitioning are data destructive. You should not write anything to the drive that you are trying to recover (unless you have a good reason and an undo strategy).
m
0
l
July 8, 2014 6:50:47 PM

Simply try to restore your external hard disk data with data recovery software at first and then format this drive back to NTFS. Before data recovery, you’d better also not format or overwrite this disk to cause more data loss.
m
0
l
!