HAF 932 with side fan or full window?

bernouli

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
I am planning on using a CM HAF 932 for a build in a couple of months. There are a couple of different HAF 932 versions out there. The main difference being a side fan with non painted interior or the full side window with a black interior. Does anyone have a preference for which one to use? I was leaning towards the full side window with black interior, but I was not sure if the loss of the side fan would be significant or not. I am only planning on running one video card.

demoose

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Did you purchase the CM haf 932 in the end? I'm contemplating on buying the haf 922 but not keen on the grey interior and no side window. I'm thinking of asking a relative in Canada to order me a side window panel for me as it's not available in the uk. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference but like me, I'm sure you would wanna show off your achievement, wouldn't you?

bernouli

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007

I did buy the CM HAF 932 with side fan and grey interior. I ended up tearing it all down and painting the interior a flat black with a satin clear coat. The paint turned out nice, but I was not patient enough on letting the paint cure before re-assembling. Ended up with a nick or two in the paint. But overall I was happy with how it turned out. I am at work and don't have any pictures handy. Maybe I will post some tonight.

demoose

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
If money wasn't an issue I'd go for the haf x like I'm going for. I know it costs a bit more but you never know if in the future wether you can afford a second graphic card. Also for the price of the 932 I think any case over £100 should come with a black interior as standard. The 932 apparently doesn't come with dust filters. Do you really want to be cleaning your computer out once every couple of months? It's the one thing apart from the lack of a side window which put me off the idea of having the 932 on my wish list.