How to find the WEP key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfire12008

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I'm trying to find the WEP key so I can access wifi with my DS. I have Hughes net and people keep telling me to go to this one page and look for the WEP key,but it takes me to the Hughes net system Control Center page. the key listed on the one site my mother went to has the key,but it's one letter too long in my DS. She's not persistant enough to continue trying to find it,she says that the page won't load that has they key on it. I don't believe she's even on the right page.

G

Connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use but some game devices still only support WEP.
Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a protocol matching your computer's wireless adapter and the DS (mixed mode is a safe bet).

Disconnect ethernet cable.

Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and then do the same to the DS (as you can probably tell I don't have a DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.