I got a problem with my new ram

pabloe0168

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Solution
From your mobo's manual: When enabling 3 Channel mode with three or four modules, it is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. When enabling 3 Channel mode with three memory modules, be sure to install them in the DDR3_1, DDR3_2 and DDR3_4 sockets.

Further: When memory modules of different capacity and chips are installed, a message which says memory is operating in Flex Memory Mode will appear during the POST. Intel Flex Memory Technology offers greater flexibility to upgrade by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in Dual/3 Channel mode/performance.

Based on your mismatched modules, I'd say that Intel Flex Memory Tech might work and you would see that indication during...

pabloe0168

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

larkspur

Distinguished
From your mobo's manual: When enabling 3 Channel mode with three or four modules, it is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. When enabling 3 Channel mode with three memory modules, be sure to install them in the DDR3_1, DDR3_2 and DDR3_4 sockets.

Further: When memory modules of different capacity and chips are installed, a message which says memory is operating in Flex Memory Mode will appear during the POST. Intel Flex Memory Technology offers greater flexibility to upgrade by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in Dual/3 Channel mode/performance.

Based on your mismatched modules, I'd say that Intel Flex Memory Tech might work and you would see that indication during POST. Do you?

Have you connected your original 3-channel kit in the DDR3_1, DDR3_2 and DDR3_4 sockets? And then the 4gb single module in the remaining socket? If not, try that arrangement first.

Solution

pabloe0168

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

awesome!! You were right It now recognizes 10gb. thx ur a boss, but now I am using dual channel right? If I think that if I want triple channel I will need 2 more ram modules... anyway i dont mind. THX!!!!!