Business Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm looking to my a few business laptops for work. I have about $3,500
to spend.
The minimum specs I am thinking about now include:
* Win XP Pro
* 1GB Ram
* 100 GB HD
* 17" Monitor
* Media Port
* CD/DVD RW
* Port Replicator
* 3 Yr Full/Accidental Warranty
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Hi Chad,

The HP Pavilion zd7000 series laptop can meet those specification,
but you are going to pay for them.

I have a HP Pavilion zd7010us with the following specifications;

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.66GHz, 533MHz

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Memory 512MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 256MB) at 333MHz;
maximum memory 2048MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 1024MB)

Hard drive 60GB Enhanced IDE [gigabyte is defined as

1,000,000,000 bytes, accessible capacity may
vary]

Multimedia drive DVD/CD-RW combo drive

Display 17" WXGA+ WVA TFT (1440 x 900) display

Ports 4 USB 2, 1 firewire, 1 SD card, 1 PC-Card type
I, II, III, IrDA, Microphone in, Headphone out,
S-Video, VGA, Parallel Printer,

Communications Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g,
Integrated V.90/V.92 56K modem (RJ-11
connector), Integrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet
LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Video nVidia® GeForce4 440 Go (with 64MB discrete
DDR SDRAM)

Sound 16-bit Sound Blaster® Pro-compatible audio;
Internal Harman/Kardon® speakers; volume
control and mute buttons

Weight 9.3 lb.

Dimensions 15.67" (L) x 10.94" (W) x 1.67" (front H) x
1.85" (rear H)

This machine sells for about $1,500 these days. The three year
Accidental damage warranty is another $350. There are a bunch of
option on the zd7000 series. Just go to the HP site and build your
machine.

I will say this, this machine is a workhorse. I run mine a minimum
of 1400hrs a day with no problems. I am a computer consultant with
that specializes in database management systems so my system get a
heavy workout every day.

Ciao . . . C.Joseph

That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
He esteems too lightly

HOFChad wrote:
> I'm looking to my a few business laptops for work. I have about $3,500
> to spend.
> The minimum specs I am thinking about now include:
> * Win XP Pro
> * 1GB Ram
> * 100 GB HD
> * 17" Monitor
> * Media Port
> * CD/DVD RW
> * Port Replicator
> * 3 Yr Full/Accidental Warranty
> Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD