Business Laptop

I'm looking to my a few business laptops for work. I have about $3,500
to spend.
The minimum specs I am thinking about now include:
* Win XP Pro
* 1GB Ram
* 100 GB HD
* 17" Monitor
* Media Port
* CD/DVD RW
* Port Replicator
* 3 Yr Full/Accidental Warranty
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!
1 answer Last reply
More about business laptop

    Hi Chad,

    The HP Pavilion zd7000 series laptop can meet those specification,
    but you are going to pay for them.

    I have a HP Pavilion zd7010us with the following specifications;

    Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.66GHz, 533MHz

    Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

    Memory 512MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 256MB) at 333MHz;
    maximum memory 2048MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 1024MB)

    Hard drive 60GB Enhanced IDE [gigabyte is defined as

    1,000,000,000 bytes, accessible capacity may
    vary]

    Multimedia drive DVD/CD-RW combo drive

    Display 17" WXGA+ WVA TFT (1440 x 900) display

    Ports 4 USB 2, 1 firewire, 1 SD card, 1 PC-Card type
    I, II, III, IrDA, Microphone in, Headphone out,
    S-Video, VGA, Parallel Printer,

    Communications Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g,
    Integrated V.90/V.92 56K modem (RJ-11
    connector), Integrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet
    LAN (RJ-45 connector)

    Video nVidia® GeForce4 440 Go (with 64MB discrete
    DDR SDRAM)

    Sound 16-bit Sound Blaster® Pro-compatible audio;
    Internal Harman/Kardon® speakers; volume
    control and mute buttons

    Weight 9.3 lb.

    Dimensions 15.67" (L) x 10.94" (W) x 1.67" (front H) x
    1.85" (rear H)

    This machine sells for about $1,500 these days. The three year
    Accidental damage warranty is another $350. There are a bunch of
    option on the zd7000 series. Just go to the HP site and build your
    machine.

    I will say this, this machine is a workhorse. I run mine a minimum
    of 1400hrs a day with no problems. I am a computer consultant with
    that specializes in database management systems so my system get a
    heavy workout every day.

    Ciao . . . C.Joseph

    That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    He esteems too lightly

    HOFChad wrote:
    > I'm looking to my a few business laptops for work. I have about $3,500
    > to spend.
    > The minimum specs I am thinking about now include:
    > * Win XP Pro
    > * 1GB Ram
    > * 100 GB HD
    > * 17" Monitor
    > * Media Port
    > * CD/DVD RW
    > * Port Replicator
    > * 3 Yr Full/Accidental Warranty
    > Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Laptops Windows XP