I recently (last month) built my first machine. I asked around to compile a list of parts that would be compatible, ordered them, and built away. I took quite a while for me to finally get everything together, drivers updated, etc. etc.
What I'm running: (If you need any more specific details please let me know)
- Windows 7 - 64 bit
- ASUS P7P55D-E LX Intel P55 mobo
- Intel i5 x4 @ 2.67GHz
- 4GB ram
- HIS Radeon HD 5870
- 650 Watt PSU
- 23" ASUS HDMI Widescreen Monitor
- 19" Dell monitor (older)
Basically, I have one last issue - my screens "flicker", apparently when the machine is under a load (it's mostly fine when I'm just browsing the internet and stuff; however, when I play a game, WoW or Heroes of Newerth, it flickers). It's not frequent enough to make it unplayable or unusable, but it is extremely annoying.
- I have updated all my drivers(I believe)
- Updated BIOS this morning
- Looked at temps in BIOS, they appear to be fine; although, my graphics card doesn't seem to be listed.
I have no idea where to go from here. My experience is pretty limited. I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!