Problems w/ Asus P8B WS Motherboard (No Video Output)

Dillano609

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Basically I had gotten the last parts of my custom built desktop and by the time I had finished putting it all together, I had problems with absolutely no video output,no bios, just the case fans and CPU fan running with a single green LED on the board.

I'm convinced my motherboard is a DOA after doing some troubleshooting and have since gone through getting it replaced. However, when the replacement comes in, I'd like to know about the power connections. I have a Antec EarthWatts EA 500D Green 500 Watt PS and the 24 pin power connection works fine and the computer would at least turn on, but when I plug the P2 4 pin connector by the CPU the system wouldn't start at all. When this new motherboard comes in should I not connect anything by the CPU? Anyone have any troubles with this motherboard?

The plug I am talking about is that blue 8 pin to the right of the RAM slots at the very bottom.

photo-6-1.jpg

The 8-pin EATX12V power connector, that you are referring to, must be plugged into the 8-pin EATX12V power plug from the Antec EA-500D Green otherwise the system will not boot. Antec's documentation calls it the 8 (4+4)-pin ATX12V/EPS12V connector for CPU.

The 8-pin EATX12V power connector's purpose is to supply power to the CPU. No power to the CPU means no boot.

Dillano609

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

Thing is I tried putting in both the connectors in as well and it refused to start up period. It would only start if I had the 24 main power pin in. I mean, I should've at least gotten POST or bios surely. Might it be a problem with the power supply instead of the board?