Dell Vostro i7 win 7 and Asus spdif issue

Petertk

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hello,
I have had a browse through some of the info in this forum and cant find an answer so at the risk of sounding inept, i have just installed an Asus Xonar DS PCI and im trying to get SPDIF out of the optical.
I think i may need to make some internal connections but i am unsure. I am running a Dell Vostro 430 with Win 7 and an i7 processor. The graphics card is an Nvidia Gforce 310 with HDMI out.
I have two drives , one Samsung Blu Ray (SH-B123L) but at present i am using the supplied DVD player: a TSST corp TS-H653G.

I have Tos link connected and theres red light but the AV amp see's no bitstream it recognises hence no sound.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter S

Petertk

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hi dogman, thanks for the reply.
in the time between my post and your reply it started to work!
So somthing is getting through the optical spdif. Not what i was hoping for but somthings there.
I think this card outputs virtual dts and i was hoping it would pass through the original encoded DD and dts 5/7.1 from the disks being played so im either missing a set up somewhere, an internal interconnect, or its not what i thought it was. Do you know if these cards or another you could recommend will handle a DVD's orginal encoded DD or DTS bitsream and also handle 'DTS HD master audio' and 'DD TRUE HD' from Blu Ray?
Im running Power DVD 9 that came with the Samsung Blu ray. I did upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D but that was over £50 and just crashes the computer everytime i try to play a Blu Ray

Petertk