Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video Memory
  • RAM
  • Memory
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 8, 2010 6:53:29 AM

HI, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO AAPLIY SOME OF THE RAM MEMORY TO THE VIDEO MEMORY, BECAUSE I WANT TO USE A PROGRAM THAT REQUIRES AT LEAST 512 MB OF VIDEO MEMORY AND I GOT JUST 64 MB DEDICATED TO VIDEO. I'VE SEEN A PART (IN THE DIRECTX DIAGNOSTIC) THAT SAYS I GOT 1308 MORE OR LESS OF SHARED MEMORY, CAIN I USE SOME RAM MEMORY TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE VIDEO MEMORY?

THANKS A LOT, I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

More about : improve video memory

a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 7:04:46 AM

This was only possible with really acient video cards, and even then didn't help that much. Can you tell us more about your system? Mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, psu?
m
l
September 8, 2010 7:23:44 AM

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER, HERE AR SOME SPECIFICATIONS:

PENTIUM DUAL CORE CPU T4200 2.00GHZ
RAM MEMORY 4 GB
OPERATIVE SYSTEM 64 BITS
CHPSET MOBILE INTEL 4SERIES EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY

THIS ARE ALL SPECS THAT I FOUND, I HOPE THEY CAN HELP, BUT IF THEY DONT WHERE I CAN GET ALL THE SPECS OF MY COMPUTER?
THANKS

m
l
Related resources
a c 177 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 9:32:34 AM

so, are you using onboard video, or a dedicated graphics card? From what dxdiag says, your using onboard. can you list the program and its full requirements?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
September 8, 2010 9:43:36 AM

@OP: Please stop writing in CAPS.

On-board video always used some amount of your RAM, that can be adjusted in the BIOS, to be used as video memory, and as expected turns out very pathetic results. From what you say you have those Intel on-board graphics which really suck in gaming.
m
l
!