GTX 295 settings

I'm confuse with this settings.
what selection I should choose.

Physx settings : Auto-select, GPU A or GPU B
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration : Multiple display, Single display or compatibility
Multi-GPU rendering mode : FAFR1 or FAFR2

can anyone give me advice witch I will choose to get better performance.
7 answers Last reply
More about settings
  1. In the Physx it looks like you have sli cards going am i wrong? But if i am right reason why its showing GPU A and GPU B is because you can dedicate the 1 card to just
    physx.

If you would like it on just select a card, no on in perticular. If you would like it off there should be an option saying CPU. Auto select is your system will choose for you.

MultiDisplay is only for dual moniters. If you have it you can turn it on,

Multi GPU rendering im not to sure about that one. Sorry to say, when im out of school ill take a look at it when i get home.
  2. @bravo95, a GTX295 is a dual GPU card which is why it shows as SLi.

@OP, why do you need to mess with the settings? Just leave everything on auto and be done.
  3. MouseMonkey is right, auto will allow for the system to decide what is best. If you set something so that is no longer auto you may end up with one game running great and another running poorly. Auto should help to fix this from possibily happening.
  4. @deweycd, ur right that one, but I'm still trying to find ways how to utilize my dual gpu, cause some games are not optimize on dual gpu like starcraft 2.
    when I disable the dual gpu mode and use only one gpu, it gets same performance.
    I'm trying to find ways to utilize it even a little.
  5. Mousemonkey said:
    @bravo95, a GTX295 is a dual GPU card which is why it shows as SLi.

@OP, why do you need to mess with the settings? Just leave everything on auto and be done.

I asked if he had dual gpu's. Doesn't mean that you have a sli card its going to show that. I have a SLI card and it doesn't show it for me. All i was trying to get across :??:
  6. bravo95 said:
    I asked if he had dual gpu's. Doesn't mean that you have a sli card its going to show that. I have a SLI card and it doesn't show it for me. All i was trying to get across :??:

A GTS250 is a single GPU card that is SLI capable when paired with another GTS250 or 9800GTX, on it's own you won't get the SLi options showing in the Nvidia control panel.
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    @bravo95, a GTX295 is a dual GPU card which is why it shows as SLi.

+1, restore all the settings to default in the Nvidia control panel and leave it be. That is what I would do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia GPUs Graphics Displays