Is it a motherboard issue?

macrinus

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
The pc will not turn on, and on the motherboard there is a green light making a high pitched whistling sound, after fooling around with the switch and connectors for some time the pc will come on and run perfectly, is my motherboard doomed? or could be something simple to fix?

Solution
It appears that Gateway uses an INTEL motherboard that was made especially for Gateway, and not available to anyone else. Trying to find a manual for that motherboard is next to impossible to find. If the PC is still under warranty, I'd try to get Gateway to fix it.

macrinus

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
omg on step 17 the only connectors i have is power sw, i do not have reset sw, HDD Led, -p or +p led, i've heard that i could use the reset switch to power on my pc if needed but it appears i do not have any of those?

It appears that Gateway uses an INTEL motherboard that was made especially for Gateway, and not available to anyone else. Trying to find a manual for that motherboard is next to impossible to find. If the PC is still under warranty, I'd try to get Gateway to fix it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS