Sign in with
Your question

Computer to controller problem. Need solutions.

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Controller
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 22, 2011 6:26:14 AM

I can't get my 360 Controller to respond to anything. I have the hardware installed, the PC detects it, but it won't respond at all. Solutions?

More about : computer controller problem solutions

January 22, 2011 7:13:24 AM

What games are you trying to use it on? Some of my games require me to set it up, some do not. Like Star Wars the Force Unleashed 1 and 2, I didn't have to set it up. Some other games I had to assign all the buttons in the game menu. If the driver is working, and the computer shows it in the device manager... it sounds like a software issue. Does it work fine on your xbox 360? (Just want to rule out the hardware easily first)
m
l
January 22, 2011 3:51:25 PM

I am trying to get it to work on Dead Space. And it works with my 360. Just that, when I try to press the Guide button, nothing happens.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2011 8:30:37 AM

The guide button doesn't do anything in my games on the PC, only on the xbox.

Start the game with the keyboard and mouse, go to the game options and look at the controller properties of course make sure the controller is plugged in before you start the game). You may have to tell it which controller you are using. Most of the games I play, I don't have to change anything. But Far Cry 2 and Avatar, I had to assign all the buttons manually (Avatar could read the controller, but the keymap sucked). Look at each function, like movement, then click it with the mouse and push the button on the controller that you want to assign it to. Go through all the controls this way. If this doesn't do anything, let me ask you something else...

If you have a copy of Halo 2 or Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 for the PC... if you have the controller plugged in when starting the game, it will detect it and you don't need to do anything. Those are good games to test it on.

Take a look at this link. This is what I had to do to set it up with most of my games...

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Xbox-360-Controller-for...

Let me know if this takes care of it. If it is still unresponsive, could be a driver issue.
m
l
January 23, 2011 7:59:18 PM

Apparently I actually do need a wireless adapter to play the controller I have...which sucks. We don't have one.
m
l
!