Help me in choosing mouse pad

solod-snake

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
as tittle said i wnt to buy a mouse pad. I have Steel Series XAI gaming mouse so suggest be a best gaming mouse pad for this.
i never used a gaming mouse pad yet so i have no idea to choose a gaming surface.Razor and Steel Series brands available in my area only.

Solution
The 4/9 HD Steelseries pads are the recommended surfaces for the XAI.
A hard surface pad is best for most lazer mice.
Soft surface pads have a negative effect on acceleration.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Razer I heard makes really nice mousepads, there are two main types I think which is the speed and control edition. Choose whicheverone you think is more comfortable and by whatever criteria is more important. And they come in different sizes. I think the lineup is called Goliath.

D

Deleted member 362816

I really like the dual sided aspect of the razer. There products are great quality i would go with that one.

solod-snake

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

thx for guiding so nicely.plz give ur opinion in those two mouse pads.
Razor Xactmat Duo or Steel Series 4Hd.
which on is best in ur opinion.

I can't really comment on the Razor pad since it's no longer available.It's been replaced by the Vespula which has a goofy gel wrist bar.
I personally use a Steelseries Qck for my Logi MX-518 it's a soft cloth pad and works well for that application.
My other set-up is a Deathadder 3500 with a dual sided Func Industries 1030 pad.
One side is smooth and the other rough i prefer the smooth for my Deathadder.
Keep in mind both my mice are optical i've never used a laser mouse yet.
The 4/9 HD were designed specifically for laser mice.
The only difference is the size = same pad.
From what i've read the 4HD is $20 and works well with your mouse.
We could get really indepth here regarding mouse style/grip,pad size etc.
I personally use pads on the smaller size cuz if they're paired with the proper mouse(once it's tweaked properly) you don't really need a large pad surface area.
Hope this helps somewhat.