How do I copy my UT2004 profile onto another machine?

Hi.

I had installed UT2004 on a Windows XP machine. Now I've installed Linux
and I'd like to recover my Tournament profile. Do I just have to copy
User.ini or is there something else to consider?

Thanks.

Vince C.
4 answers Last reply
More about copy ut2004 profile machine
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Vince C. enlightened us with:
    > I had installed UT2004 on a Windows XP machine. Now I've installed Linux
    > and I'd like to recover my Tournament profile. Do I just have to copy
    > User.ini or is there something else to consider?

    Put your User.ini into ~/.ut2004/System. If you want to keep your
    single player ladder, you're in a bit more trouble. I wanted to copy
    it from Linux to a WinXP machine, and when I tried to load it, it
    refused because it was from another computer. Oh, the single player
    saves are in ut2004\Saves on your WinXP (I guess) and you place them
    in ~/.ut2004/Saves on your Linux box.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    MeltDown wrote:
    > Vince C. enlightened us with:
    >
    >>I had installed UT2004 on a Windows XP machine. Now I've installed Linux
    >>and I'd like to recover my Tournament profile. Do I just have to copy
    >>User.ini or is there something else to consider?
    >

    > Put your User.ini into ~/.ut2004/System. If you want to keep your
    > single player ladder, you're in a bit more trouble. I wanted to copy
    > it from Linux to a WinXP machine, and when I tried to load it, it
    > refused because it was from another computer. Oh, the single player
    > saves are in ut2004\Saves on your WinXP (I guess) and you place them
    > in ~/.ut2004/Saves on your Linux box.
    >
    > MeltDown

    Thanks, Meltdown. I presume the single player ladder you mentioned is
    the saved files?

    Vince C.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> a écrit dans le
    message de news:slrncg72lv.fsf.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...
    [...]
    > Put your User.ini into ~/.ut2004/System. If you want to keep your
    > single player ladder, you're in a bit more trouble. I wanted to copy
    > it from Linux to a WinXP machine, and when I tried to load it, it
    > refused because it was from another computer.

    Hi again, MeltDown

    I've been able to copy the *.uvx files (of both UT2003 and UT2004) from
    Windows to Linux. I've recovered my profiles and they worked as before.
    Probably Linux rules ;-) but nothing seems to be broken and the game didn't
    complain about the files. So I guess you might have to tune your INI files a
    little bit so that it works.

    As for me I just copied back to the User.ini file on Linux everything in the
    sections but the player definition and the shortcut definitions from the one
    on Windows. These are the first two sections in the file. Probably *that*
    works with the saved files.

    Hope this helps. And lot of thanks again for your help.

    Vince C.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Vince C. enlightened us with:
    > I've been able to copy the *.uvx files (of both UT2003 and UT2004)
    > from Windows to Linux. I've recovered my profiles and they worked as
    > before. Probably Linux rules ;-) but nothing seems to be broken and
    > the game didn't complain about the files. So I guess you might have
    > to tune your INI files a little bit so that it works.

    I didn't only copy from Linux -> Windows, but also to a completely
    diffferent computer. I have no Windows, you see. Anyway, since I have
    no desire at all to play it on Windows, I've stopped trying after the
    first attempt. Playing UT2004 on that box was merely a check to see if
    it was still running properly ;-)

    Linux rules, though ;-)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Windows XP Games Linux Video Games