Network speeds are normal five minutes, drops after some minutes.

DrFaceless

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Lately my network has worked just fine around five minutes after I boot my computer, but after those minutes the speed goes straight down. Also, Youtube videos are stopping to buff around 20-50% into the video which is really annoying.
I don't know what's going on. My network drivers are up to date.
My speedtest.net result: http://www.speedtest.net/result/813301228.png
Do you need more info to help me? T
hanks.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
First thing that comes to mind is someone is making a lot of connections and overloading your internet connection.

Virus/Malware scan first. Then I would look to see if any of your programs have a ton of connections opened.

netstat /a will list connection in the command prompt but it's a bit hard to see.

ProcessExplorer from sysinternals(Microsoft) will let you select a process and look at it's network connections. Just make sure it's in privileged mode so you can see all processes.

DrFaceless

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I've scanned my comp, no changes.
I exited Skype, MSN and such after seeing those used most resources, no difference.
The funny thing is that every other video site except Youtube are fine.

DrFaceless

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'm having some friends over for a LAN and we're sharing 10 mb/s. The friend who brought the switch took the 1st port, I got the second one. He went home and now I get my internet from the first port, it's faster, but not as fast as it usually is. That might be the solution to that problem.
But the Youtube problem is still there though, I re-installed Flash player too.