Sign in with
Your question

Distorted Colors on LCD Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 8, 2010 9:16:41 PM

I have an HP G60 laptop. At one time the cable connecting the LCD screen and the motherboard was broken under the hinge and fried itself. I have replace that cable. Now I am able see images but they are distorted as shown below. When I do screen shots it is normal meaning there is a hardware problem most likely. Feedback would be much appreciated.

a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 9:31:15 PM

Sounds like the connection is ruined to me. Did you replace it yourself, or take it into a shop?
m
l
September 8, 2010 9:56:59 PM

I did it myself and have checked the connection a few times and everything seems to be in order
m
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 9:58:27 PM

If you are 100 percent you have the right cable and you connected it correctly, then I'm pretty sure the connection was ruined.
m
l
September 8, 2010 10:00:50 PM

Yeah I mean it's the same serial number and I connected everything the way it was supposed to be I was thinking it might be the card underneath the LCD but I'm not quite sure anymore. If it was ruined would it be reparable?
m
l
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 10:04:03 PM

Even if it was the video card, you'd be looking at a worse and more expensive problem there.

You can call HP support and see how much it will cost to have them look at/fix it. Is it under warranty?
m
l
September 8, 2010 10:10:36 PM

It's not under warranty and I know for them to just take a look at it is about $80 which is kinda ridiculous. It wouldn't be the screen inverter doing that would it?
m
l
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 10:19:16 PM

Anything is possible, but juding by your first post I would doubt it. I don't know how much parts are to replace if you don't have them under warrently, so its hard to suggest any fixes.
m
l
September 8, 2010 10:25:52 PM

Anything that would just be an easy repair? Such as the LCD cable that could possibly do it? I didn't pay much for the laptop and it's over a year old I'm wondering if putting money into it would be a mistake cause I already have to get Windows 7 upgrade for about $80 plus this could be a motherboard problem if it's not a card or cable problem.
m
l
September 8, 2010 10:29:22 PM

Although I think of it now and it may not be a graphics problem because when I plug a monitor in it works fine
m
l
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 11:10:43 PM

I thought you already replaced the LCD cable? As you just proved, its not the graphics card, just as I thought. There is something wrong either with the connection to the LCD, or you didn't put it together correctly.

As I said I can't give you a quote for part replacements, becuase different companies will charge different prices for laptop parts.
m
l
September 8, 2010 11:13:51 PM

no I didn't mean like that I meant something such as a replacement as the LCD cable but yeah idk I guess I'll just bring it to a store thanks for your help
m
l
!