Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard Broken?

vkiller

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I have this Saitek Eclips II keyboard with the three color leds and it doesnt seem to be working.

I've tried plugging it into different usb ports and each time windows makes that sound which to me means "something just got plugged in, but i dont know what to do with it".

I went to device manager and it has a "?" next to the device name, I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated

vkiller

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Sorry been busy with other stuff to check posts but yes I have tried it on another machine, Vista 32-Bit (not sure what SP) and it works fine, just an issue with my computer I guess XP 32-Bit SP2

It should work fine, the keyboard shouldn't need any drivers, Windows should find the automatically.

Have you tried unplugging all other usb devices and just have the keyboard plugged in?

Try and find anything related to the keyboard inc files and drivers and uninstall it, also unistall in device manager.

Try running a Windows update with the keyboard plugged in and see if that picks anything up.

Scan for new devices in Control panel.

Try updating the driver from device manager and manually select one from the list.

Thats all I can suggest really.