[HELP] Barracuda 3TB GPT Unrecognized as Uefi Drive on Bios

Mikeboiiii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hello everybody, I recently purchased a brand new Seagate Barracuda 3tb hard drive but I can't install win7 on it.
I have an Asus m5a97 mobo that supports Uefi, the weird thing is it recognizes my flash drive As uefi but lists eververy thing else as sata or p4 depending on the options(IDE, ahci, raid)

I formatted the drive and setup it up as a GPT volume but still have no luck making it a bootable uefi drive.

I have done it through win7 (previous hd) and during installation through diskpart, still not luck with the installation.

I tried installing it via MBR and I still recieved errors and win7 it was unable to install to it, I reformatted and tried it again. Still no luck.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

popatim

Titan
I'm guessing your win7 is the 32 bit variant which just will not boot from a drive greater tha 2tb with a uefi bios motherbd. Win7-64 can boot from 3tb as long as it GPT format if that helps, and win7-32 can also witha drive-overlay program like seagates diskwizard but that only works with non-uefi bios motherbds.

Mikeboiiii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

I'm using the Updated 64 bit version of win7 with ie9. And when I used the disk wizard it crashes after about a minute into it. And I already partitioned it to GPT, I'm still having no luck.