4850 Gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Raven50

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I really do need your help.
I am currently on my sisterinlwas laptop (an old clunker) Can not get my PC to work now.
I installed a Gigabyte 4850 card into my PC and it booted to windows and then crashed then booted and crashed etc etc I checked all the connections nothing untoward ...I changed the connector the screen was pluged into (that turned the screen pink ) and it crashed just the same.
Not sure what is wrong or what to do...help
I dont have my system specs here sorry I know its a 650watt PSU and Gigabyte mobo
If I can find my first post I may be able to get the details but I need advice

Solution
I really think 29 A would be more than enough for an HD 4850 system. Then again, your PSU does sound a bit dodgy... might be a really bad PSU.
Did you make sure to completely remove your previous card's drivers? I.e., uninstalling your old graphic card's drivers, booting up into safe mode and use driver sweeper or some uninstalling/cleaning program to remove all the drivers, prior to installing the new ATi Catalyst ones?

1Raven50

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I think there is something major wrong
It will not stay logged in long enough to to anything even drops off from the Bios screen and re boots ...I was there looking to see if there was something needing altering
Could it be a power problem?

1Raven50

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

I put the old card back 8500GT and everything went back to normal never drops out now

1Raven50

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

It says +12 v 29amp -12volt 1.2amps
Model ATX 680watt

Status
Not open for further replies.