ASUS Eee PC 1001PX motherboard mods?

DUde007

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello everyone! So i have a 2009ish asus eee pc, 1g ram, intel atomn450, pretty standard basic netbook, BUT, the pin the powercord plugs into the computer has completely snapped off, rendering it unchargable, so i can either buy a busted asus, get the power receiver out and sauter the good one back on, ooor just replace the entire motherboard, which is what i want..now that i have an excuse to begin modding the crap outta my asus :D, so any suggestions? would it be compatible to switch over to an ion motherboard? and what other motherboards would be compatible? Ram will be added also....

Laptops are really hard to mod due to the way they are engineered to make everything fit. For the most part you can not swap parts from 1 laptop with another, unless they use the same shell since components are custom shaped with extremely low allowances to get everything in there.

I'm not going to say it's impossible to use a different MB but I will say it is highly unlikely another will fit unless you get the same.

DUde007

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Yeah i know its def not going to be a breeze, shouldn't be impossible tho, asus' netbooks all average around the same size(at least it seems so for 10.1)...hopefully something can be done to tweak something into it

The size is not the problem. Yeah, all laptop shells are around the same size.

The problem is in how the individual components fit together. Every one is specifically engineered to make everything fit. It's not like a computer case where if you have an ATX case you can drop it into another ATX case and it will work, there is no standard for laptops.