Why stable test

jerryl

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Hello....

It has been three weeks now and I am running my i930 at 4.0 (191 BLCK x 21 multiplier) with the RAM at 1526.

I have been playing Star Craft II, Civilization 5, all manner of MS Office, watching video (DVD and streaming) and browsing the web. My system has NEVER locked up / BSD once I got the parameters set including BCLK, Vcore, SPI, DRAM Freq / VDRAM, and runs, depending on the app, at 45 - 60c, and I love it and as far as I am concerned, since its never locked up, it is stable.

I have run prime95 for 10 - 15 minutes at a time to test basic temps/stability and the core, using coretemp will hit 75 - 78c on some processors with some processors less, but average around 76 after fifteen minutes.

So here's the question....Prime95 is way more intense than anything I do or plan on doing and this system, and should I do anything like it, I could always tweak it down. So why run Prime95?

Personally I dont bother with it, unless I'm building for someone else,
then I feel its my job to make sure it will take a little stress alright,
as far as my and my Gf's comps go though, if it will run antivirus, WoW and a couple of streaming movies whilst indexing files its good enough.
Moto