Closed Solved

9400gt idle temp too high??

I have 9400gt,1gb...with a heatsink and fan(which is working)
but my idle temp is around 58-60C...
i feel tht its too high...
but my processor(e7400 core2duo 2.8ghz) core temps seems to be around 35C...
Pls help
:sweat:
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 9400gt idle temp high
  1. What is your PSU?
  2. 400w
  3. Brand please.
  4. i ball 400 atx...
  5. What's the ambient temp of your room? My 9500GT idles at around 50c in an ambient room temp of 25c.
  6. mines the same...around 25

    at load my gpu is around 52-53 then within few minutes it goes upto 58-60
    is this normal?
  7. makubex1211 said:
    i ball 400 atx...

    I think that's your problem. Although 9500GT is not a very power hungry card. You have a bad PSU to begin with. It may not damage anything yet. But you run the risk of blowing up something later.

    From the brand it looks like you are from India. Is it the case?
  8. yep i'm from india..
    any suggestions for psu thn?
  9. Are you planning to go in for an upgrade in the near future?
  10. yea mostly..
    i hav core2duo e7400 2.8ghz
    gigabyte g31
    ..and i was thinking of getting ati 5770...
  11. makubex1211 said:
    mines the same...around 25

    at load my gpu is around 52-53 then within few minutes it goes upto 58-60
    is this normal?

    Under load (which is all the time for mine, F@H) mine sits at 65c constantly.

    Anonymous said:
    I think that's your problem. Although 9500GT is not a very power hungry card. You have a bad PSU to begin with. It may not damage anything yet. But you run the risk of blowing up something later.

    From the brand it looks like you are from India. Is it the case?


    The OP has a 9400GT and I don't think a new PSU will make any difference in his case.
  12. then what do u suggest i shud do?
    go for an upgrade?
  13. makubex1211 said:
    then what do u suggest i shud do?
    go for an upgrade?

    Of what?
  14. of gpu or psu?
    and can u tell me the approx cost of core 2quad q9650?
  15. makubex1211 said:
    of gpu or psu?
    and can u tell me the approx cost of core 2quad q9650?

    It depends whether your PC does what you want it to, if it does then leave it be if not then it may well be time to upgrade. I have no idea what components will cost in your part of the world as I don't live there.
  16. Best answer
    ^^It may help in the long run for the whole PC. I am from India and I know what some local brands are like here. If you hear Zebronic, IBall, Frontech, be alarmed. They are ticking time bombs. Mostly people here don't realize how important a PSU is.

    Here the PC dealer is god. If he tells someone (who knows little about PC's... they can sniff out people who are knowledgeable and who are not!!! :p ) that this is great! The customer would buy it without any checking or reading. And online shops are not predominant here.

    I am not suggesting the change in PSU looking at the temp, but by looking at the brand.

    @OP: If you are looking at an upgrade in the near future to the HD5770, then i suggest a Corsair VX450W. Would hold out cards till GTX460 1GB easy.
  17. Best answer selected by makubex1211.
  18. makubex1211 said:
    of gpu or psu?
    and can u tell me the approx cost of core 2quad q9650?

    Its still something around 14000 INR. At that cost you would be better off upgrading to the i5 760.
  19. thanx
  20. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Heatsinks Graphics