9400gt idle temp too high??

Status
Not open for further replies.

makubex1211

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I have 9400gt,1gb...with a heatsink and fan(which is working)
but my idle temp is around 58-60C...
i feel tht its too high...
but my processor(e7400 core2duo 2.8ghz) core temps seems to be around 35C...
Pls help
:sweat:

Solution
^^It may help in the long run for the whole PC. I am from India and I know what some local brands are like here. If you hear Zebronic, IBall, Frontech, be alarmed. They are ticking time bombs. Mostly people here don't realize how important a PSU is.

Here the PC dealer is god. If he tells someone (who knows little about PC's... they can sniff out people who are knowledgeable and who are not!!! :p ) that this is great! The customer would buy it without any checking or reading. And online shops are not predominant here.

I am not suggesting the change in PSU looking at the temp, but by looking at the brand.

@OP: If you are looking at an upgrade in the near future to the HD5770, then i suggest a Corsair VX450W. Would hold out cards...

I think that's your problem. Although 9500GT is not a very power hungry card. You have a bad PSU to begin with. It may not damage anything yet. But you run the risk of blowing up something later.

From the brand it looks like you are from India. Is it the case?

Under load (which is all the time for mine, F@H) mine sits at 65c constantly.

The OP has a 9400GT and I don't think a new PSU will make any difference in his case.

It depends whether your PC does what you want it to, if it does then leave it be if not then it may well be time to upgrade. I have no idea what components will cost in your part of the world as I don't live there.

^^It may help in the long run for the whole PC. I am from India and I know what some local brands are like here. If you hear Zebronic, IBall, Frontech, be alarmed. They are ticking time bombs. Mostly people here don't realize how important a PSU is.

Here the PC dealer is god. If he tells someone (who knows little about PC's... they can sniff out people who are knowledgeable and who are not!!! :p ) that this is great! The customer would buy it without any checking or reading. And online shops are not predominant here.

I am not suggesting the change in PSU looking at the temp, but by looking at the brand.

@OP: If you are looking at an upgrade in the near future to the HD5770, then i suggest a Corsair VX450W. Would hold out cards till GTX460 1GB easy.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.