Noisy Fans

Hi all, quite new here so I am not sure if this is the right forum.
First let me detail my home built rig....

PSU Unit XFX Pro 850W CORE Edition
Mainboard : Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE
Chipset : nVidia nForce 570 SLI
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ @ 3200MHz
Physical Memory : 8192MB (4 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : 2 X NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (SLI)
Hard Disk : HDS722525VLAT80 ATA Device (250GB)
Hard Disk : SAMSUNG SP2514N ATA Device (250GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate ST320082 2AS SCSI Disk Device (200GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex (1000GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HGRQVO T6J4DQR
DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173S
Monitor Type : TKM TW999 - 19 inches Wide screen HD
Monitor Type : P235H - 23 inches Wide Screen HD
Network Card : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7600 (64-bit)

Watercooling
CPU block XPC X20 V2
Northbridge EK NB SB Asus
Graphic Cards 2 x THERMALTAKE CL-W0153 (ND4 LCS) FItting this week (without the cooling fans as they make no difference to temps)
Radiator 240mm ThermoChill
Pump Laing DDC1+ Ultra
Resovoir EK Multioption RES 150
Hoses 9.5mm (inside D) CX Clear Hi Flex

Now the Rig is watercooled as you can see, and soon the 2 x 8800GTX Cards will be to, but my problem is the 2 x 100mm fans on the Radiator, they will be the only fans in the rig, (apart from the PSU) blowing through the Rad, over the Motherboard, and exausted by the PSU.

NOW THE NOISE AAAAAAA the two fans sound like concorde taking off, what can I do, fit new fans???? fit a controler ???? or Earplugs ?? What.

Sorry if this a little detailed.

Thanks

MaDbRIt
3 answers Last reply
More about noisy fans
  1. I'm not sure what the water cooling rig is costing you, but a single 470gtx might be better, and fewer hot parts = cooler machine. Quieter fans may help, but not sure what spec you should use for a rad.
  2. Seems to me your fans are always running at full speed.
    Where are they plugged in? Have you tried powering them from your motherboard and have them temperature/speed controlled ? The CPU fan header is usually speed controlled, there are probably more.
    Look at the documentation for your motherboard for what FAN headers to use and look at the BIOS Fan control options.
  3. Mate, you'r a lifesaver, and eardrum, all sorted now, did not know i could control them in bios.

As for the Watercooling rig, I have had that installed for about a year now and has worked great for all that time, altered to put 8800 GTX cards in cos THEY BIG phew., so ordered 2 watercooling blocks for them now cos i dont like the constant 60Deg at idle, watercooling should knock this down by about 20 - 25 Deg.

Thanks for all your help

MadBriT
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hard Drives Components