Sign in with
Your question

PSU - Corsair vs XFX ? You tell me!

Last response: in Systems
October 29, 2010 1:49:54 AM

Since the other threads seem dead, and no one replies to them, this seems to be the most helpful thread.

------------ > Corsair HX850 850W <-------------
-----> -----> or <----- <-----
------------> XFX Black Edition 850W <------------

Which of these 850w Power Supplies is BEST for a Gaming System, I'm Done my build besides for my Power Supply, i cannot decide on what is best i have read negative and positive comments of both which is causing me lack of deciding so hopefully you guys can help me out! Thanks, Paul

Also what PSU would have cables long enough to reach parts in a HAF 932 Case that has the PSU mount on the bottom?

More about : psu corsair xfx

a b ) Power supply
October 29, 2010 4:39:29 AM

I would give the Corsair +1 for its 7 years warranty...
But in terms of performance both are very similar...
Check for combos,...go with the one that has a good one...
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 29, 2010 4:49:11 AM

I would go with the XFX Black Edition 850W since it is manufactured by Seasonic.

The Corsair HX850 850W is manufactured by CWT who has a very good reputation for build high quality PSUs. But they are nowhere near Seasonic.
m
l
October 29, 2010 5:03:17 AM

I thought all these power supplies were made in conjucntion with seasonic and based of seasonic products?
m
l
a c 89 ) Power supply
October 29, 2010 6:30:39 AM

Corsair started with Seasonic, but Channelwell makes their PSUs now. I agree that both are good and to just buy the cheaper one. No point in spending the money if you don't have to.
m
l
October 30, 2010 4:13:39 AM

You should have made it a poll.
m
l
!