Compact camera case for Canon S1 IS

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 11, 2005 9:07:14 AM

I never purchased Canon's PSC-70 camera case because I heard it was a bit
small for storing extra batteries and cards, and I didn't care for the belt
loop style and not having a shoulder or neck strap to hang the camera from
while I was shooting pictures.

I'm using a rather large case now that holds *everything* -- cables, card
reader, cards, batteries, recharger, manual, white card, lens cleanser and
wipes, you name it. I'm still interested in getting a smaller one to use on
a short outings. And I'm trying to narrow my choices.

Does anyone use the Tamrac 5693 case or the Targus DPBC03 ProBlack Digital
Camera Case Max, or a similar case for the S1 IS?

How do you like it? How's the fit? My first digicam fit a little too snuggly
into its case, and the camera dial always turned the camera to ON when you'd
take it out or put it into the case.

Do you find your case small enough to store it inside a larger camera case?
(This is my ideal arrangement for carrying all this equipment around when
I'm traveling.)

Do you know any cases other than these that might be good for this camera?

TIA

Renee
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:20:35 PM

"Renee" <rr@invalid.org> wrote in message
>I never purchased Canon's PSC-70 camera case because I heard it was a bit
>small for storing extra batteries and cards, and I didn't care for the belt
>loop style and not having a shoulder or neck strap to hang the camera from
>while I was shooting pictures.
>
> I'm using a rather large case now that holds *everything* -- cables, card
> reader, cards, batteries, recharger, manual, white card, lens cleanser and
> wipes, you name it. I'm still interested in getting a smaller one to use
> on a short outings. And I'm trying to narrow my choices.
>
> Does anyone use the Tamrac 5693 case or the Targus DPBC03 ProBlack Digital
> Camera Case Max, or a similar case for the S1 IS?
>
> How do you like it? How's the fit? My first digicam fit a little too
> snuggly into its case, and the camera dial always turned the camera to ON
> when you'd take it out or put it into the case.
>
> Do you find your case small enough to store it inside a larger camera
> case? (This is my ideal arrangement for carrying all this equipment around
> when I'm traveling.)
>
> Do you know any cases other than these that might be good for this camera?
>
> TIA
>
> Renee
I use a LowePro. Can't remember the model no., but it holds S1 IS, 4xAA
batteries, a couple of CF cards and has a zipped compartment, on the back,
for a PDA. It has belt loops (some sort of quick attach/detach for other
LowePro products) which I don't use and a neck strap, which I do use. Care
is needed when inserting/removing the camera as, depending where one puts
one's thumb, it possible to inadvertently switch the mode - Auto/P/Tv etc.

!