Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Laptop and graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 9, 2010 1:36:35 PM

what will be the scenario if i am buying a i3 LAPTOP with only on board Intel graphics?

i will only be using the laptop for office spreadsheets and general web browsing and news websites, email etc.

will not having a graphic card in the laptop make a difference to the quality of the graphics which i am able to see.

More about : laptop graphic card

a c 271 U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 1:41:48 PM

No, the onboard graphics are designed for the exact use you have described and nothing more.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 1:41:58 PM

for any of your listed tasks the intel graphics should be more than sufficient
Score
Related resources
September 9, 2010 1:56:10 PM

g00fysmiley said:
for any of your listed tasks the intel graphics should be more than sufficient

what about all the websites with those snazzy graphics and what about streaming videos and TV broadcast like Bloomberg TV

will they work OK too, with out a graphic card ?
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 1:58:47 PM

capital_one said:
what about all the websites with those snazzy graphics and what about streaming videos and TV broadcast like Bloomberg TV

will they work OK too, with out a graphic card ?

They should do but if you're that worried that they won't then either buy a much more expensive laptop or get/build a desktop.
Score
September 9, 2010 2:14:35 PM

Mousemonkey said:
They should do

so you mean to say that these apps will be visible on a non graphic card laptop as they would be visible on a laptop with a graphic card ?

so you mean to say there will not be any difference noticed between the two?
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 2:17:55 PM

capital_one said:
so you mean to say that these apps will be visible on a non graphic card laptop as they would be visible on a laptop with a graphic card ?

so you mean to say there will not be any difference noticed between the two?

The i3 CPU has a GPU built in so it's got a "graphic card", one that is designed to do the basics without the need for using a lot of power.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 2:23:15 PM

yes, you can run things liek html5 or flash on the intel gpu, you can steam video just fine to, so youtube and streaming bloomberg would look fine.

liek we are both saying a better gpu will really only help if you're gaming non web browser based games or some other high graphical use operation.
September 9, 2010 2:37:16 PM

Best answer selected by capital_one.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 9, 2010 2:38:48 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!