Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about my CPU temp...

Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2011 4:23:09 PM

Hello there :hello:  , ok i have an E5400 2.7GHZ, and i play PES 2010 on this cpu :pt1cable:  "without any Graphics card" :pt1cable: 

:pfff: 
I get the max. constan temp of
58 C of my core 0
and 53-54 C for core 1,

So, is that temp is safe...?
And if i add a graphics card then will this temp will fall?

:lol:  srry for bad english!!

More about : question cpu temp

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2011 4:45:22 PM

Yes the temps are safe. For me I wouldnt be happy with them but since you are probably using the stock cooler they are fine. As long as they dont go over 70c and you dont try to overclock even more then you should be fine.
If you purchase a graphics card they may drop a degree or 2 but it wouldnt be drastic.

If you want a good aftermarket cooler then the Coolermaster hyper 212+ is a good budget cooler and so is the MASSCOOL 8WA743 I have used them both and they both work great. I am actually using the Masscool on my old E8400 build and my Idle temps are 30c idle and 53c full load at 4ghz.

Hyper 212+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Masscool 8WA743
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just make sure that your case is large enough to accommodate an aftermarket cooler like these because they are significantly larger than the stock cooler. The hyper 212+ is larger than the Masscool but they are both alot larger than the stock cooler. [:bohleyk:1]
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2011 5:14:05 PM

Dont forget to buy a good thermal paste if you decide to upgrade the cooler.

I like Arctic Cooling MX2, MX4 and Prolimatec PK-1
or you could use good old Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.
There are other good compounds but this is what I use so I cant recommend anything else personally.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2011 5:37:43 PM

hey there thanx for giving me useful advice, But i am thinking that currently i have no graphics card, so all the load is on to the CPU and my integrated graphics,
so are these things are causing the temp to raise because of the load?

thanx for suggesting for coolers and surely they will help...
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2011 6:15:03 PM

Temps will always rise under load, a seperate graphics card will produce even more heat.

I don't think your temps are a problem but no harm in upgrading the cooler if you want.

Other factors will be case airflow and cable management within the case restricting the airflow.
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2011 9:17:01 PM

anuk07 said:
hey there thanx for giving me useful advice, But i am thinking that currently i have no graphics card, so all the load is on to the CPU and my integrated graphics,
so are these things are causing the temp to raise because of the load?

thanx for suggesting for coolers and surely they will help...

The cpu will take the same load in game regardless of what you have for graphics, add a discrete graphics card to replace your integrated and you'll just have a much more powerful graphics chip, it won't reduce the load on your cpu.
m
l
January 31, 2011 10:35:41 AM

Best answer selected by anuk07.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 11:18:30 AM

Thanks for the BA.
What have you decided to do?
m
l
February 3, 2011 10:12:49 AM

actually ur advice is cool, but now i am varying my fan speed and getting temps not above 50C on full load so the hunt for the fan is stoped right now...but i definitely purchase Hyper 212+ in near future thnx for advice...
m
l
!