Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Peripherals

Last response: in Components
January 23, 2011 5:19:49 PM

I am currently in the process of looking for a new keyboard and mouse. I have had a few suggestions over team speak but i figured on the forums would be easier.

As far as keyboards go i was looking at the Merc Stealth from steel series. It looked to have a nice ergonomic gaming pad and i was curious if anyone had experience with this keyboard. For keyboards i was just looking for something that is specific for gaming. Like this merc stealth is the only one i noticed that has its key mapped specifically for gaming. I also herd mechanical keyboards are great. What makes a mechanical keyboard good?

As far as mouses i was looking into wired mouses. I got recommendations for the Lachesis 5600 but im worried it wont be comfortable. I was hoping for something with more than 5 buttons and comfortable.

Any advice would be great!

-Sucho

More about : gaming peripherals

January 23, 2011 6:01:16 PM

Well I own a mechanical keyboard, the XArmor U9BL, and I'll never go back to rubber dome. To find out all about mechanical keyboards read this guide:
http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-ke...

As for mice, the Razer Lachesis 5600 is actually quite bad. Stick with either the Razer Deathadder, or a mouse the A9500 sensor. Mice that use the A9500 sensor are the Logitech G500/700, G9X, Steel Series Xia, Roccat Kone+ (my mouse) and some others.

To recommend you a mouse, I did to know what your grip is, palm or claw.
m
l
January 23, 2011 6:09:38 PM

what is the difference between palm and claw?
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2011 1:55:25 AM

i think i palm
m
l
January 24, 2011 6:10:21 AM

Then for a budget you should look into the Logitech G500.

If you want the best on the market, look into the Roccat Kone+. It has the good sensor, the best software suite in existence when it comes to mice, and is exceptionally comfortable for palm grippers. Roccat products can only be purchased at Performance-PCs.com if you live in the US.
m
l
January 24, 2011 1:24:14 PM

say i wanted a claw what would be good for that?
m
l
January 24, 2011 6:08:10 PM

For a claw grip, the Steel Series Xai and Logitech G9x are very good.

Note that all four mice I have recommended use the same sensor, so the differences aren't huge.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2011 10:35:40 PM

Being a horrible typist I make judicious use of the delete key; which sadly the Merc Stealth lacks. The arrow keys are moved beneath the number pad and the insert/home/pg up (those 6 keys usually above the arrow keys) are moved too but they took the delete key completely off :(  I thought I could get used to it but my pinkie kept trying to hit it and I would up taking it back. Still using the logitech keybd I've used for 15 years.
m
l
January 25, 2011 7:33:19 PM

that was definitely a concern of mine. also looking at mechanical keyboards i could not find one that had feature like programmable buttons and wat not
m
l
January 25, 2011 9:47:28 PM

The Black Widow has macros.
m
l
!