945GCT-HM supports which graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushant_89

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Hey......
I also having the same problem with my graphic card and PC.
I brought a ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3 RAM. I recently consulted with some people in the repairing and manufacturing of PC's and they said that "your motherboard has DDR2 RAM and this card DDR3" I wanted to Know can this be possible. Does the can make any difference.

My PC uses 945GCT-HM motherboard Core2 Duo Processor with 1GB DDR2 RAM and it uses Intel GMA 950 Graphics for on board Chip-set .

Regards
Sushant

Solution
Thats pure BS or they really dont know much about GPUs.
The graphic memory type has nothing to do with the system RAM, both are completely independent.

Your Mobo can support any PCIe 2.0 card. (May not work with 2.1s) Though what is your budget and needs from the upgrade? the 5450 isn't a great choice IMO as it sucks for gaming, for HD playback a HD4350 would be stellar.

Timop

Distinguished
Thats pure BS or they really dont know much about GPUs.
The graphic memory type has nothing to do with the system RAM, both are completely independent.

Your Mobo can support any PCIe 2.0 card. (May not work with 2.1s) Though what is your budget and needs from the upgrade? the 5450 isn't a great choice IMO as it sucks for gaming, for HD playback a HD4350 would be stellar.

Solution

sushant_89

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I know but this is the only 1 I could afford.
so is there any solution to it coz i asked one of my frnd and he suggested me get my motherboard replaced will dat do....?

sushant_89

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I live in New Delhi, India. Upto 4000 rupees
But I tried my the card in some of my frnd PC's and it worked there. and the fact is dat i even tried the card in some P4 system and it worked there to. Strange!!

Timop

Distinguished

Oh you have the 5450 already? What happens, does it not boot at all?
It could be compatibility with a 2.1 card, but it can also be a defaulted IGP.

Timop

Distinguished

Then return the 5450, and get a HD4650/4550/4350.
Dont upgrade the Mobo, the 5450 isnt a good card to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.