Help how to manually Focus Panasonic 3CCD Camcorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Hello
Recently took a trip to my local sears and purchased a Panasonic
PV-GS120, Had been using an Older Model Sony TRV10 DV Camcorder " Which
Recently Went Defunct"
One of the things i have noticed, is there is no manual focus ability
with this particular camera.
The previous Sony had the ability to turn the lens in order to focus on
smaller objects
This one has a Fixed inner ring and what appears to be a somewhat
flimsy outer ring " Which when turned 6 or 7 times actually Gets
Detached.
there is the same Auto Focus/Manual Focus Button, But once pressed can
do nothing in the way of making the manual focus Operate
Does anyone have experience with this particular Model and if So Have
they Successfully gotten the Manual Focus to operate?

I read the reviews and took all the advice to heart
with this purchase" Nothing but glowing comments"

The Picture looks twice as good as the previous Sony, But now im afraid
i made a bad choice due to the limited Focus ability

Any Help or info would be immensely appreciated
Thank you in advance

Andrew

"Andrew" <mdorayme@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> Recently took a trip to my local sears and purchased a Panasonic
> PV-GS120, Had been using an Older Model Sony TRV10 DV Camcorder " Which
> Recently Went Defunct"
> One of the things i have noticed, is there is no manual focus ability
> with this particular camera.

I think you need to upgrade to the GS200 if you want manual focus, and 3CCD
results.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

>I think you need to upgrade to the GS200 if you want manual focus, and 3CCD
>results.

No, the 200 has a handy focus ring and the 120 mf uses the <<Enter>>
button. It's in the manual along with other interesting stuff.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/