Closed Solved

Triple buffering not helping.

Hey, I've been messing around w/ triple buffering via d3doverrider and when playing metro 2033 the fps is about 5 lower than w/o triple buffer... am I doing something wrong? or is this what's supposed to happen? I heard that it gives you a performance increase...
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about triple buffering helping
  1. Triple Buffering is used in conjunction with v-sync, if you are playing with v-sync disabled there is no need to enable triple buffering.

What are you trying to achieve?
  2. http://www.anandtech.com/show/2794
    good article explaining the inner workings of tripple buffering and why they love it.
  3. nothing really... I'm perfectly happy w/ the fps I'm getting... I just heard that this was a good thing to do... (I stumbled on it)
  4. I was having a little micro stuttering in bfbc2... and I thought it might fix that too.
  5. Martin 71 said:
    I was having a little micro stuttering in bfbc2... and I thought it might fix that too.

What drivers are using?

If you are using v-sync make sure you enable it (quality) in the CCC panel and also check the triple buffering box. This will cap your FPS at 60/120 depending on your refresh rate and it will eliminate any screen tearing you might have.
  6. 10.8 and they're pretty good... and I'll do that thanks... I think that it just might be the game glitching or lagging.
  7. where are the vsync settings in ccc?
  8. Best answer
  9. Best answer selected by Martin 71.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Performance FPS Graphics