Sign in with
Your question

Cpu stabilty program other then prime 95

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2011 1:44:50 AM

I have never overclock cpus untill now well soon to be

I have a 2500k and a sabertooth p67

I read a review on bit-tech that explanes how to get to 4.5Ghz stable i would still like to check this.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/03/intel-...

Looks like a good setup there. Is there any other program to check for stabilty other then prime 95

my computer specs are in my sig.

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2011 6:49:11 AM

I use IntelBurnTest for my i5-760 and you should try it - im recommending it because it stresses the CPU a lot more than prime95.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2011 7:02:34 AM

You should test with different applications to properly ascertain how stable the CPU is, particularly as you approach what you think will be your final clock speed. LINPACK-based applications like IBT/LinX are useful but not necessarily the ultimate determinant of stability, especially since they don't produce a constant load on the CPU (which is also why they are useless for temperature testing).
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2011 1:50:34 PM

randomizer said:
You should test with different applications to properly ascertain how stable the CPU is, particularly as you approach what you think will be your final clock speed. LINPACK-based applications like IBT/LinX are useful but not necessarily the ultimate determinant of stability, especially since they don't produce a constant load on the CPU (which is also why they are useless for temperature testing).

They don't produce a completely consistent load, but the load they do produce is consistently higher than the load of something like Prime95, which is why they are a more difficult stability test to pass than Prime. In general, if a computer is Linpack stable, it's stable under pretty much everything, though there are a few odd cases every now and then. They also give the highest temps of anything I've tried on my i7.

m
l
!