Cpu stabilty program other then prime 95

I have never overclock cpus untill now well soon to be

I have a 2500k and a sabertooth p67

I read a review on bit-tech that explanes how to get to 4.5Ghz stable i would still like to check this.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/03/intel-sandy-bridge-review/5

Looks like a good setup there. Is there any other program to check for stabilty other then prime 95

my computer specs are in my sig.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about stabilty program prime
  1. I use IntelBurnTest for my i5-760 and you should try it - im recommending it because it stresses the CPU a lot more than prime95.
  2. You should test with different applications to properly ascertain how stable the CPU is, particularly as you approach what you think will be your final clock speed. LINPACK-based applications like IBT/LinX are useful but not necessarily the ultimate determinant of stability, especially since they don't produce a constant load on the CPU (which is also why they are useless for temperature testing).
  3. randomizer said:
    You should test with different applications to properly ascertain how stable the CPU is, particularly as you approach what you think will be your final clock speed. LINPACK-based applications like IBT/LinX are useful but not necessarily the ultimate determinant of stability, especially since they don't produce a constant load on the CPU (which is also why they are useless for temperature testing).

They don't produce a completely consistent load, but the load they do produce is consistently higher than the load of something like Prime95, which is why they are a more difficult stability test to pass than Prime. In general, if a computer is Linpack stable, it's stable under pretty much everything, though there are a few odd cases every now and then. They also give the highest temps of anything I've tried on my i7.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Sabertooth