ut2004 on steroids :o)

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2004 9:50:18 AM

UT2004 Editor's Choice Edition
By OutlawSkot33 at 6:06pm - 3 User Comments
Quote:
Atari and Epic Games have announced Unreal Tournament 2004:
Editor's Choice Edition. The expanded version of UT2004 is slated for a fall
release. Specs include new Onslaught maps and vehicles as well as additional
characters and a selection of user-made modifications. UT2004: Editor's
Choice will also include all of the content from Unreal Tournament 2004.

New Onslaught maps: New maps will include never-before-seen
areas as well as previously released maps created for Windows XP.

New Onslaught vehicles: Three new vehicles are being added. The
Cicada is a two-seat air vehicle. The Paladin is a tank that includes a
player-oriented directional shield. And the Self Propelled Mobile Artillery
is a long-range artillery vehicle with a deployable hovering spotter camera.

New characters: Six new characters will join the lineup. Look
for two MetalGuard mercenaries and a pair of Mecha Skaarj as well as two
Necris characters.

The Best Community-Made Game Modifications: Unreal Tournament
2004 boasts one of the most robust player communities in all of video games,
and, with the tools included game, this community is able to alter gameplay
and in some cases, completely change the way Unreal Tournament 2004 is
played. Epic Games' "Make Something Unreal" Contest has been challenging
this community to bring their mods to a professional level and the community
has answered the call. Epic has selected the best of the best, and those AAA
community-made games will be included in Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's
Choice Edition. With several new and unique ways to play Unreal Tournament
2004 fans of the series both new and old are in for a huge variety of
gameplay experiences.

Read the full article: HERE

For those who fear they will have to buy the new edition to get the
new content, put your fears to rest:

Mark Rein: Quote:
All of the new content in the upcoming version of their
multiplayer shooter will be released on the net for free for owners of the
first version of UT 2004.

--

damyjuk

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."oscar wilde

More about : ut2004 steroids

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 10:39:45 AM

but i was surprised when i heard that atari and epic are parting company.
apparently mindscape is taking over the unreal tournament franchise.

damyjuk

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

> "DAMYJUK" <aquq24@xtreme2.pipex.net> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > Mark Rein: Quote:
> > All of the new content in the upcoming version of their
> > multiplayer shooter will be released on the net for free for owners of
the
> > first version of UT 2004.
>
> Man, I love it when they do that.
>
> ~SOD~

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 6:54:50 AM

sorry, i meant to say "midway"

read on

Atari reports financials, will announce Matrix sequel "soon"

As sales and profits fall year after year, CEO Bruno Bonnell talks up Driver
3 and unannounced D&D games; also talks down the loss of the Unreal
franchise.
Today, Atari reported that sales in the first quarter of its fiscal year
2005 dropped compared to last year, down $41.1 million to $110.3 million.
While the company still showed profits for the three-month period ending
June 30, net income also dropped, falling from $23.8 million last year to
$12.1 million this year.

Addressing the falling figures this year, Atari said that its first quarter
lineup faced a tough comparison to last year, when it released the
successful Enter the Matrix for all three consoles and the PC.

Speaking to analysts in a conference call after the earnings announcement,
Atari CEO Bruno Bonnell tried to look on the bright side. He listed
Transformers, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Duel Masters: Sempai Legends, and
Driver 3 as the company's best-selling titles for the quarter. In
particular, he pointed out that 50 percent of Driver 3 units shipped had
sold, and the game was the number two best-selling PS2 title and number five
Xbox title in the US in June.

Ironically, Bonnell also singled out the "critically acclaimed Unreal
Tournament 2004" as among Atari's best first-quarter performers the day
after its developer, Epic Games, announced that Midway Games would publish
future Unreal titles. When asked by an analyst to comment on the unraveling
of the Atari/Epic partnership, Bonnell said, "We definitely felt that--after
all those years--that the proposal offered to [Atari] was not acceptable
from a profit perspective." Bonnel continued, "I wish very good luck to
Midway, but it was not acceptable for us to sign a deal [with Epic] with
this structure.the relationship with Epic remains friendly, it's just sad
that after all these years we were unable to reach an agreement." Bonnell
did not mention if the dissolution was part of Atari's recently announced
effort to lower its number of third-party distribution agreements overall.

this info came from the gamespot website.

news:D bAPc.223$XH4.7376@eagle.america.net...

> "DAMYJUK" <aquq24@xtreme2.pipex.net> wrote in message
> > but i was surprised when i heard that atari and epic are parting
company.
> > apparently mindscape is taking over the unreal tournament franchise.
> >
> > damyjuk
>
> Wha...? I missed that bit o' info. Where'd ya get that? And what's a
good
> web site for Mindscape? I'm not familiar with 'em.
>
> ~SOD~

begin 666 b.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end
August 3, 2004 3:13:21 PM

DAMYJUK enlightened us with:
> All of the new content in the upcoming version of their multiplayer
> shooter will be released on the net for free for owners of the first
> version of UT 2004.

Now that is nice!

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
!