irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I have the below specifications:

Phenom II x4 955 BE
ASUS M4N75TD
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Cooler Master Elite 430
Seagate 500GB Sata and 1TB SATA (2 hard disks)
Benq G2220HD Monitor

MSI Hawk GTX 460 (thinking to get a 560 instead of the 460)

please suggest me a budget but efficient power supply to run the above system.

acer0169

Distinguished

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I have the same CPU and the same GPU that you are looking to buy (the 460 Hawk, not the 560) and I went with an Antec psu. I found a great price on the TruePower 750w at Fry's Electronics ($80 after rebates), which I thought would be good in case I wanted to do Xfire or SLI (was using onboard GPU at the time) and it is sleeved and semi-modular. Before that I was looking at Antec's EarthWatts series, and would probably have gone that route if not for the sale that I found.

acer0169

Distinguished
Antec have always been a great supplier of PSU. Not only are they reliable and at a good price, but they also have a great deal of leads so you are bound to have the connections needed for an average gaming setup.

They only use the top OEMs (CWT, Seasonic, FSP, Delta Electronics, Enhance Electronics) in the power supply business so that's to be expected.

pinaklonkar

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I would again say that warranty matters a lot for the power supplies, just as important as their stability. Antec is an excellent brand but so is Corsair, and it offers 5 years of warranty. Unless Antec has started to do that, I would suggest Corsair. It is also a very classy looking and packed power supply. Corsair 650W (yellow and black box)