Fix D Drive Windows XP

pakratz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hello,
I have Win XP. It is a 500 GB hard drive with 250 GB on Drive (C:) and 250 GB on (D:).`My (D:) drive is missing from MY COMPUTER, although it shows up in Computer Management Console. How can I get it to show up in MY COMPUTER again?

pakratz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thank you for your response.
The computer already had the 500 GB hard drive partitioned into C: drive, where the Operating System and everything else is located, and the D: drive,( which is empty ) when I bought it. What I would like to do is use that 250 GB that is on the D Drive (or most of it anyway) to give me more space on the C Drive, although I have no idea how to resize the C drive and take the space from the D Drive.
So, in answer to your question, I have not created or formated anything. I just looked in the Computer Management Console trying to find the D drive. It is showing up there, but it does not show up in My Computer.
I am new to all this, so hopefully I am explaining it okay. Thanks

Okay, now the D drive is showing up in My Computer again. I don't know how it got back there
but I now have C (where OS and everything else is; D drive (empty); and E drive (HP Recovery).
So , any ideas on how I can get part of D drive (250MG) and add it to C drive where I need it?